Purchased at auction by Peggy Cambridge in 2007.
Pony Meadowbrook Cart
This Ash Meadow Brook was custom made for Peggy Cambridge by Hafemann Carriage Co., Philadelphia N.Y. Originally constructed for Duey, several of HDA's driving ponies can be hitched to it.
Baby’s Meadowbrook Cart
This custom meadow brook was made for Tania Cambridge and Baby in 2003 by Hafemann Carriage Co. Baby has won many ribbons with it.
Basket Side Pony Trap
This basket side pony trap is unique in that it is cut-under (which allows the front wheels to turn sharply). Made circa 1900, this trap was purchased by Bower Powers Sr., of Pierrepont N.Y., for his daughter Helen in 1934. A reward for getting the potatoes dug on time, the package deal of pony, tack, carriage and pony sleigh (see Pony Wang below) was bought from a banker in Canton, N.Y. The carriage was used in parades in Canton. The Cambridges had it restored by Hafemann Carriage, Co. in 2003, with the wicker work done at Willowtree Florist, Potsdam, N.Y.
Extension Top Surrey
This extension top surrey was made by Durant Dort Co., Detroit, Mich. and shipped on January 11th, 1910. The following year, Durant Dort discontinued the line of carriages and by 1914, it became Buick. The unused carriage was traded for services rendered by Dr. Sapson of Canton, N.Y. The carriage is in restoration. Traditionally surreys were like the original automobile. They were mass produced and came in black. Surreys were used as a family town vehicle.
Natural-finish two-seat wagon built by Hafemann Carriage Company. Tania purchased this cute wagon from a local farmer in 2006. It is usually set up single, but can also be set up for a small team of ponies.
Pony Hitch Wagon
This wagon was purchased off ebay by Tania Cambridge in November 2007. Similar to the Budweiser hitch wagon this Robert Carriage Hitch Wagon is pony sized. Snickers and Humbug can pull it, but it is a better size for Dodger and Fagan.
Grocery Delivery Sleigh
This delivery piano-box sleigh was owned by George E. and J.B. LaSelle Groceries of Canton. Around 1870, they had a grocery located on the island in Canton. (George E. LaSelle owned one of the large mansard houses on West Main St.). The Cambridges' purchased the sleigh in 2005 and restored it for use.
Mail Delivery Sleigh
This piano box sleigh was used to deliver mail from Colton to Canton and used as an early mode of public transportation in the winter. Owned by Roger and Anne Huntley of Pierrepont, N.Y., it is graciously on loan to HDA's collection. During the off season, it can be seen in Grandpa's Museum at the Huntley's.
Piano Box Sleigh
Similar to the other two sleighs only smaller, this sleigh was purchased by the Cambridges in 2005 and came from Foxtail Farm near Horseheads, N.Y. The history of this sleigh is unknown.
This pony sized sleigh originally came as part of a package with the basket side pony trap (see above). Acquired by the Cambridges' in 2004, it has yet to be restored.